Volunteering at the Randolph Library
Volunteering at the JBSA Randolph Library
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the JBSA Randolph Library!
Volunteers play a vital role in our community. All volunteer applications are reviewed with consideration of current volunteer opportunities. The information you provide will be stored in confidence under the provisions of the Data Protection Act, and only authorized staff will have access to your information.
The JBSA Randolph Library accepts volunteers at regular intervals. The Volunteer Program runs in 1-year cycles, from September 1 to August 1, but volunteers are accepted all year long. Minimum volunteer hours are 4 hours a month.
NOTE: We do not accept court-ordered community service.
How do I apply to become a volunteer?
Only those individuals authorized to use the library (see listed in the DAFI 34-101, A2.1) can become volunteers at the JBSA Libraries. Please print and fill out the appropriate application below, including the DD2793 form, and submit to the JBSA Randolph Library Circulation Desk. You can also come into the JBSA Randolph Library and fill out a volunteer application in person at any time.
NOTE: We do not accept any emailed volunteer forms.
1. Can children younger than 16 volunteer at the library? At this time, the JBSA Randolph Library is not accepting applications for children younger than 16. The volunteer must be 16 on their first day of volunteer work.
2. How many minimum and maximum hours can I volunteer each month? The minimum number of hours you can volunteer with us is 4 hours a month; the maximum is 15.
3. I've submitted my application. What happens next? Library staff will review your application and contact you for an interview, to meet the Library Director and the Volunteer Coordinator. NOTE: The Randolph Library only accepts a small number of volunteers each year. If the volunteer program is full, your name will go on a waiting list.
4. Can my teen use their volunteer work at the library as part of their service credit hours needed to graduate? Please check with your ISD to determine if volunteer work at the base library will be accepted as service credit hours.
5. I have a small child under the age of 5. Can I bring him/her with me when I volunteer? At this time, we do not permit volunteers to bring minor children with them as part of our volunteer program.
6. I work during the week, but I'd like to donate some time to the Randolph Library on the weekends. Can I do that? Absolutely! We accept and encourage volunteers to assist us on Saturdays for our events and programs.
Have another question, but don't see it here? Email us at email@example.com