Volunteering at the Lackland Library
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the JBSA Lackland Library
Volunteers are important to the community we serve. All volunteer applications are reviewed with consideration of current volunteer opportunities that are/come available. The information you provide will be stored under the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
The JBSA Lackland Library accepts volunteer applications throughout the year. Minimum volunteer hours are 8 hours a month and 1 day a week.
NOTE: We do not accept court-ordered community service.
How do I apply to become a volunteer?
Only individuals authorized to use the library can become volunteers at the JBSA Libraries. Please come into the JBSA Lackland Library if you are interested in volunteering and fill out a volunteer application during any of our open hours. At this time, we only allow volunteers who are ages 18 and up. Once we receive your application, we will either contact you for an interview if we have availability or your name will go on a waiting list if the volunteer program is full. The Volunteer Coordinators will review all applications once a month and the JBSA Lackland Library only accepts a small number of volunteers throughout the year.
1. Can children younger than 18 volunteer at the library? At this time, the JBSA Lackland Library is not accepting anyone younger than 18 in our volunteer program. We are working on a teen volunteer program and if you are interested in this particular program please speak with the Volunteer Coordinators at your next visit to the library. This is scheduled to be active early 2023.
2. How many minimum and maximum hours can I volunteer each month? The minimum number of hours you can volunteer is 8 hours a month and 1 day a week; the maximum is 15.
3. I have submitted my application. What happens next? The Library Volunteer Coordinators will review all applications once a month and contact you for an interview. If the volunteer program is full, your name will be on a waiting list where we will contact you once there is availability in the program.
4. I have a small child under the age of 5. Can I bring him/her with me when I volunteer? At this time, we do not permit volunteers to bring minor children with them as part of our volunteer program.
5. I work during the week, but I would like to volunteer at the Lackland Library on the weekends. Can I do that? Of course! We accept and encourage volunteers to assist us on Saturdays.
Have another question, but don't see it here? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org